Mushrooms, mushrooms, mushrooms! Mushrooms are the only ingredients for sale at our ‘Mushroom Garden' on-line store so you could say that we were thrilled with fungi!
Fresh mushrooms, dried mushrooms, powdered mushrooms. There's no end to our mushroom ideas!
This 15-year old mushroom company was started by Cynan and June – on the smallest holding owned by the 'National Trust' in Nanmor, Gwynedd. Today, Arwyn and Gwenllian have joined them in their mushroom initiative and grown mushrooms on their farm in Llanerfyl, Powys.
The mushrooms are grown on two sites (and when available, wild mushrooms are also picked) and thrive on oak mushroom bales from Pen Llyn and France. The mushrooms enjoy the dark, damp and warm atmosphere on our farms!
No chemicals or insecticides are used on the mushrooms. The mushrooms are hand-harvested and hand-treated as well. The mushrooms are dried in dryers on the premises and mixed with different flavours and herbs to create the powders and blends.
Use the mushrooms in stews, risotto, pasta meals, stir-fries, pies. Use the mushroom powder in soup, casserole, as a marinade on meat or fish or vegetables on BBQs. The mushroom options are endless! Visit our blog section for more mushroom inspiration or follow our mushroom tales on our Twitter and Facebook accounts.
Our mushrooms (in their various forms) have won several awards over the years: from gold star "Great Taste" to "Fine Farm Foods" Awards at the National Trust. Our mushrooms have also appeared on a number of radio and TV programmes on S4C, Radio Cymru, BBC and ITV such as "Chri’s Epic Food Journeys", Hairy Bikers, Countryfile and Coast and Country.
Our principles as a mushroom growing company are to:
- adhere to naturalistic principles while avoiding chemicals and pesticides
- adopt a healthy, safe atmosphere with hygiene as a priority
- assert the Welsh language
- use supply chains as locally as possible and to support the Welsh economy where possible
- harvest and treat the mushrooms manually
- test our product on a regular basis to ensure the quality and nutritional quality of the product
- not include allergies in the product
- reduce the use of plastics
- offer our staff progressive and fair terms and conditions of working